So you want to convert your garage into a room? They are a great way to give you extra living space and are very popular at the moment
So what’s involved? Normally you would:-
- replace garage door with a window
- Dry line the garage
- Plumbing , heating, lighting, damp-proofing and ventilating the space
- Amend floor levels
- Create a ceiling
The great thing with garage conversions is that they cause minimal disruption to your existing home
Things To Bear In Mind:-
- Garage conversion might add or reduce the value to your home – you might want to talk to a local estate agent to get some advice
- Planning permission may be required, but often not
- Building regulations will be required – see our section on building regulation approval
How Can We Help You?
We arrange to come to your home and discuss your ideas for your garage conversion. We would advise you on what you would need to do to comply with building regulations (we charge a small fee – but this is reimbursed if you go ahead and we do the design for you)
Why Choose Us To Help You?
Good design will save you money in the long run. We have been working with Local Authorities in the area for many years and have a good idea of what they require to be submitted, increasing your chances of approval the first time.
Please give us a call now 0118 962 9666 to see how we can help you